- 100 g lean steak
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves, chopped small
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Cherry tomatoes, chopped roughly
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, roughly chopped
Combine the oregano, thyme, garlic powder, and salt & pepper. Sprinkle over the steaks and place in a hot grill pan on the stovetop to cook, along with the lemon juice.
Add the chopped basil to the top of the steaks while cooking. After the steak is done, set it aside to rest for 5 minutes. In the meantime, add the chopped tomatoes to the bottom of the same pan and allow them to cook for about 2 minutes. Spread on top of the steak and top with the fresh parsley.
Counts as: 1 protein serving, 1 vegetable serving