How do I prepare for a colonic?
How Do I Prepare for a Colonic?
Properly preparing for a colonic can make a big difference. We strongly recommend that you follow the suggestions listed below, to start loosening up what is in your colon.
You can also download and read this PDF on colonic preparation here.
24-48 hours before your Colonic Session:
- Eat lots and lots of leafy greens and fruit
- Eat lean meats like fish or chicken
- Eat lentils or prunes
We invite you to refrain from the following. These are just suggestions to help make the process easier for you.
- Alcohol, carbonated and caffeine containing beverages
- Refined carbohydrates or processed foods
- Refined sugar
- Fried foods
- Gas producing foods such as beans, cabbage, broccoli, etc.
- Cow’s dairy products
- Red meat and soy products
- Oatmeal (because it’s starchy and sticky)
On the Day of your Colonic Session:
- Don’t drink anything within one hour of your session
- Eat light foods such as fruit, salad, steamed greens, whole grains and lean meats
- Stay well-hydrated by drinking water
Note: Some people find avoiding all wheat and gluten products, as well as dairy products from cows, is helpful for them to prepare for their series of colonics.