What Can I Expect?
Sometimes people are afraid or nervous the first time they receive a colonic. This is normal. By understanding the process, these feelings may be minimized. Your comfort and safety are the main concerns of your certified colon hydrotherapist.
- The session takes place on a comfortable massage table in an immaculate treatment room
- You will be provided with a gown and asked to disrobe from the waist down in the private changing area. Once on the table, you will be draped with a sheet for privacy
- Relaxing music and essential oils are available to provide an atmosphere of peace and calm to help you relax
- Only temperature and pressure regulated, triple-filtered water is used for each session
- Disposable individual speculums and tubing are utilized
- For maximum comfort, clients may insert their own speculums (assisted by the therapist if desired)
- All waste is released into a closed waste tube that can be viewed by the client. (Because it is a closed system, there is no odor or embarrassment)
- Water is introduced slowly (approximately 1 cup at a time), allowing the body time to rest between fills. The therapist and client work together to monitor any sensations in the body to know when it is time to release the water. This process may be repeated several times during the 30 – 45 minute session
- At the end of the session, the client will be shown to the private bathroom where any residual water and/or waste can be eliminated
You should plan on an hour and a half for your initial session. This should allow ample time to review your intake form, explain the process in detail, perform the session and allow time for questions. Follow up sessions generally last one hour.